Follow

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Birthday Shopping!

Hello everyone! Today I went on a lovely outing with a group of friends to celebrate one of their birthdays (Happy Birthday Emma!). We went into town and had a little nose around the shops. I swear, the majority of people that I know have their birthday in August.



Anyway, I had sworn to myself that I was only going to buy the Bourjois 1 Second nail varnish remover because of my strict non-spending ban I've forced upon myself- but then I found this lovely shop called Blush and it sells everything from OPI nail vanishes to Sleek Makeup. It's safe to say I was ecstatic.



When I saw the Sleek Eyebrow Kit, I couldn't quite resist the urge to buy it, so I snapped it up quickly and cheerfully. Sleek is normally only in the occasional Superdrug store and whenever I find a stall, they never have the eyebrow kits in. I bought mine from Blush in the shade 'light', making a guess as to whether or not it would suit me (luckily it does!). I'd been wanting to try this kit since I'd first seen Beautycrush raving about it in one of her videos. I've always been unsure about my eyebrows, just filling them in with an eyebrow pencil from Rimmel that I'd just picked up in Wilkinsons on a whim and plucking away the odd hair or two. I'll keep you up to date with my use of this product- which I'm sure will be quite excessive.



The other thing that I bought was the Bourjois Dissolvant, which I was a little skeptical about. I've seen Zoella talking about this product in her monthly favourites video, just as I ran out of my usual Tesco-branded cheapy nail varnish remover and I thought that I might as well give this a go. This product is Acetone free, which is something you should always look for, and also doesn't contain paraben. Boots did have an offer for 2 for £8, but as I wasn't sure it'd be for me I only bought the one for £5. When we had a rest in the park, I realized that some of my nail varnish had chipped- so I thought it would be a perfect time to try out my new nail varnish remover. So, I followed the instructions to 'dip your finger into the sponge and twist' with each finger and it all came off afterwards. It didn't take the one second which it was advertised at, but after four or five seconds my nails were completely stripped of the polish. So far, I'm loving this product- so try it out if you're looking for an acetone free nail varnish remover!



In other news, my first Glossybox arrived today (two days before it was predicted to arrive, get in!) which I was very excited about. I won't go into detail as to what was in it just now, because some people might not have received theirs yet and want it to remain a surprise. If you would like to know what I received in my box, comment below and I'll make a post on each item and keep you up to date on whether or not I use them.

So, today's post was half-update and half-product buying. I hope that you enjoyed and might fancy reading some more- if so, press the follow button! Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love my sleek brow kit. Ive had mine for ages now and still use it every day. Would you reccomend the glossy box? I really want to subscribe to receive them.
    Hugs and kisses
    http://astudentrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with my brow kit already!
    I think that Glossybox is a lovely idea and I'm glad I subscribed to it, however I've had a bit of a browse recently on other peoples boxes that they received and it does seem as though the more popular beauty gurus have gotten slightly better items- so you have to be prepared for not getting exactly the same as what you've seen others get. I don't know if it's purely random how the items are sorted out or if it's on purpose- but I just sort of wish that everyone got exactly the same box, if you know what I mean!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Followers