Follow

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Made Up Mum

Hello lovelies! Yesterday my mum asked me if I'd do her makeup as she was going out for a lovely meal with some friends to celebrate somebodies birthday, so I happily agreed and rushed up to my room to get all her make-up ready and threw in a few bits of my own that I thought might go with her outfit. She had decided on a grey and white striped dress that's very flattering, a silver cardigan and black heels- so I had to pick make-up that wouldn't clash with her outfit. She also asked me if I'd be willing to try and boost the volume in her hair by giving her some curls, which I also agreed to.

 
These are the products that I used, (from left to right-ish) MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, Gold by Giles Highlighter in Pleasure, CreamPuff Lip Cream in CandyFloss, Sleek i-Divine Original Eyeshadow Palette, Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown, Clinique High Impact Mascara, MAC Studio Finish Concealer and MAC Fleur Power Blush.

I first applied some moisturiser to act as a primer for her makeup. When that dried slightly I started to apply her foundation. My mum has quite oily skin, so I chose her foundation that gives a matte finish so that she wouldn't look too dewy in the light and just too shiny for her liking. I dotted the foundation over her T-zone and buffed it out over the rest of her skin with her Real Techniques Stippling Brush. This gave her medium coverage, which did the job pretty well. I then applied my Studio Finish Concealer by MAC just around her eyes to give her more coverage on areas of her skin that she isn't as confident with.

Once her foundation and concealer had been finished, I applied MAC's Fleur Power Blush along her cheek bones to bring some colour to her complexion- I applied this with my Real Techniques Contour brush so that it didn't go too wild on her face and just stuck around her cheek bone area, which is what we all would want. After that, I applied some highlighter onto the start of her cheek bones, along her 'nasal bone' and a little along the brow bone with a foundation brush.

 
That was her base completely finished, so I moved onto her eyes. I quickly filled her eyebrows with my Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil (as my mum's eyebrows are perfectly matched to her hair and they aren't unruly, they didn't require much work!) and brushed them down so that they looked perfect. I then applied a skin-coloured base for her eyelids and then added the two pink colours that you see in the above palette. The lighter colour went along the lids and then the darker went along the crease to give a slight hint of a smoky eye.

I then finished up with applying some Matte Lipcream in the shade CandyFloss (raved about excessively here) just to make sure that she had some lippy that'd stay on all evening without her having to lug about a make-up bag. I also applied some of my Clinique mascara to give her eyelashes some boost and volume.

Once I'd finished her make-up, I started on her hair. I used my Babyliss curling wand just to create curles with her hair, which I then tweaked and combed to make more wavy and less tight curls. My Mum always wants more volume in her hair, as she thinks that it looks quite thin at times- so I puffed it up slightly by backcombing her hair a little bit with a comb and swooshed it about a little.


And here is the final product! She was very pleased with her make-up and hair, which I'm glad of. I'm more knowledgeable when it comes to doing make-up rather than hair, so as you can imagine, I freaked out slightly when things didn't look the way that I'd pictured. Overall, I think that she looked absolutely lovely and she enjoyed her meal out- which is a bonus!

Thank you for reading today's post! Don't forget to follow this blog if you'd like to read more! Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers