Follow

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Tag | Make-up and Skincare!

Hello lovelies! Today has been pretty hectic and I swear I haven't been getting enough sleep. The humidity recently has been unbearable here in the UK and combined with multiple mosquito bites doesn't put me in the best of moods, but I'm willing to work through it to write today's post. I actually wrote a post earlier today, published it and for some reason it didn't upload. I'm quite distraught, to be honest with you. Taking time out of my day to write a post that just varnished off the face of the earth is very disheartening and doesn't really improve my mood at all.
Anyway, putting all that nonsense behind me, I'll write today's blog post. Today I'm going to do a nice tag on skincare and beauty. I'm not completely sure who made this tag, but I think it's absolutely lovely and a lot more suitable for a beauty blog rather than questions about myself. So, let's get started.

SKINCARE

-How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face twice a day. Once in the morning (not with 100% focus, I mainly just do it to wake myself up for a busy day!) and then again in the evening, making sure I cleanse, exfoliate etc.
 
-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have an oily T-zone, but if I exfoliate too much it gets dry, so I make sure to only do it every other day. So, perhaps combination? It's very confusing.
 
-What is your current facial wash?
I just use Boots' Essentials Facial Cleanser, which does the job. I've not really invested a lot in facial wash- I'm more of a make-up remover and exfoliate girl.
 
-What brand do you use?
I use Boots Essentials.
 
-Is it really important to moisturize? 
I think it is quite important to moisturize, mainly because it can either help with keeping your make-up on, or keeping your skin soft and healthy.
 
-How often do you moisturize your face?
Every morning and every evening.
 
-What moisturizer do you use?
I alternate between Boots' Essentials and Benefit's Total Moisture.
 
-Do you use sunscreen?
I do if the sun is out, which is rare in the UK. I also make sure to have SPF in my foundation and concealer, just in case I'm out and about, the sun is shining and I've not got any sun tan lotion to hand.
 
-What is your favorite skincare line?
That's a hard one. I love Bioderma's line and also Clinique (even though some of their products do tend to break me out! Not what you look for in a skin-care brand!)
 
-Do you have regular facial treatments?
Never. I've never had one, but I'm hoping on getting one the next time I go away on holiday.
 
-Do you have freckles?
I have very light freckles on my cheeks and nose when the sun comes out, but apart from that they're unseen.
 
-Do you spray water on your face during summer?
I do! I recently got a water spray from boots because I get very hot and sticky when it's sunny.
 
-What do you use for cleansing your face?
I use Bioderma's Make-up Remover and then Boots' Essentials Facial Cleanser.
 
-One skincare routine that is a MUST for you?
You mean what I do? I remove my makeup, cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize.
 
-Why do you think we should take care of our skin?
I think it's very important that you should take care of your skin, mainly in the sun as if it's not completely protected, you could be at a high risk of getting skin cancer. It's also important to take care of your skin so that you have minimal wrinkles when you age and also it just feels nice to have soft, healthy-looking and feeling skin.

MAKE-UP

-What foundation do you use?
I use Mac's Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 in NC15.
 
-How about concealer?
I use Mac's Studio Fix Concealer SPF35 in NC15, too!
 
-Do you know your undertone color?
I have quite pink undertones, which is never good! It just means that I have to have full coverage of foundation otherwise I look all red and blotchy!
 
-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I've never really tried fake eyelashes myself, but I really want to start wearing them when I go out. I think I'm going to buy a cheap pair soon to see what they feel like and if I'll be able to get used to the application of them and if I'd be able to wear them on my eyes!
 
-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
I do indeed! If it still works, I do tend to keep using them though. Bad example, I know!
 
-What brand of mascara do you use?
I use Clinique's High Intensity Mascara.
 
-Sephora or Ulta?
I've never tried/been to either of them because I live in the UK.
 
-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Not yet. I have to ask in my local MAC store, though. It's only available in the US and Canada online, so I have to ask in store. What a pain!
 
-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
My real techniques core collection is all I use to do my basics. Otherwise, I use my fingers!
 
-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? 
 I don't actually. I apply my face primer to my eyelids, so it works there too!
 
-For the face? 
 I do! I alternate between Boots' Moisturiser and MUA's Facial Primer.
 
-What is your favorite highlight powder?
Definitely the one from Topshop. I love it!
 
-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? 
I'm definitely a neutrals fan, definitely! Browns all the way! 
 
-Do you line your eyes? 
 I do occasionally.
 
-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? 
 I use liquid above my eyes and pencil (if I'm going for a more striking look) along my waterline.
 
-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
 Never! I mastered the Kohl years ago. I was even the envy of my friends, being able to apply it with just one hand!
 
-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? 
 I think they look very scary! I don't own any myself, so I'll be very cautious if I ever fancy making a purchase of some!
 
-Do you use mineral makeup?
I don't really use mineral makeup that much.
 
-What is your favorite lipstick? 
Pink Plaid by MAC is my favourite lipstick I own, but I'm absolutely in awe of Dior Addict's Lipstick in Diorkiss. Divine! 
 
-How about lipgloss? 
 I'm not a lipgloss kinda' gal', to be truthful.
 
-What blush on do you use? 
 Fleur Power by MAC, mostly.
 
-Do you buy your makeup on ebay? 
 I've never bought makeup off ebay, mainly because you don't really know if you're buying fake items or not. I never want to risk it, so I'll stick to saving up and buying from the store!
 
-Do you like drugstore makeup?
I love drugstore makeup. Cheap and cheerful is something I live by!

Thank you for reading today's post! I'm glad that it's finally up! If you fancy, leave a comment below on posts that you might like to see in the future. I'm also looking for ideas for my first ever Youtube video- so any tips and tricks with that would be greatly appreciated! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers